Support has been added for the new BeBoPr Bridge, and HDMI is enabled by default allowing the BeagleBone to run stand-alone. A remote display is still required to use hardware that requires disabling the HDMI output, such as the original BeBoPr board without the Bridge adapter.
In addition, the kernel has been updated with the latest BeagleBone specific patches, and the LinuxCNC git working copy includes lots of minor fixes and tweaks made over the last month.
Significant changes in this release include:
- Switch to 3.8.13xenomai-bone23 kernel
- Leave HDMIN (no audio) enabled by default in uEnv.txt
- Add xfce desktop and netsurf web browser
- Remove apache and udhcpd
- Remove linuxcnc user from admin group to enable existing NOPASSWD setting in sudoers.d to work properly:
gpasswd -d linuxcnc admin
- Switch ~/linuxcnc working copy to MachineKit branch:
cd ~/linuxcnc git fetch origin git checkout -t origin/MachineKit cd src make sudo make setuid